toxicdonuts

hazardous materials


Today I realised that New Year's Day is a convenient lie. Man conveniently ran out of months after December, and decided that January comes next. Nothing really ends and nothing really begins. Time is as continuous as it is with a thirteen-month year. I'm still doing the 2007 stuff, the 2007 stuff still gets to me, the revelations still hasn't ceased. If anything, they are more intense than ever.

I don't watch a lot of anime, but I think that the episodes end nicely. Something concludes, and the credits roll, a familiar ending sequence plays on. It is not so with shows like Prisonbreak and Heroes, they are big fans of cliffhangers. Considering how the episodes are written by different writers, the creative process must be kind of fun. It's like folding a piece of paper into segments, and you start drawing the head of a creature, and you hide that portion, and then you get someone else to draw the neck, and then the shoulders and so on. I bet you'll end up with more than 8 limbs.

We're big fans of recursive loops and cycles, apparently. But the only cycles I know of in reality are those ground you. Imagine a marathon held within a stadium. It's only 105 laps.

I think I'm only saying all this because Singapore doesn't have the seasons. I sulk at the weather.

So, happy new year to all! Because the best part of believe is the lie. And we all have to believe sometimes.

0 Responses to “ ”

Post a Comment