Mr. Tan loved Mrs. Tan very much. He gave her a car, a nice orange car in fact. Mrs. Tan was so happy and so honoured to have Mr. Tan. Not the car, just the Tan. She told him that she was so thankful and that he could drive it anytime he wanted. He didn't need to, since he had 63 other cars in his garage. More like a showroom. More like a full multi-storey car-park. Anyway, Mrs. Tan continued to enjoy the orange car for 2 years. Then, one day, she lost it. Don't ask me how she lost it, she just did. Just like how you lose things by dozing off in a bus, like how you lose things by leaving things unattended in the canteen, despite posters that tell you there are people staring at your stuff and waiting to steal them. She lost it, but its not like she was careless with it. You couldn't blame her, because she lost the orange car part by part. One day, her rims went missing. Then the exhaust went missing. Then a headlight. Then the bonnet. Then the left front door. And so on. Mrs. Tan was saddened by her loss, but she slowly gotten used to walking, so she shrugged it off. But things caught up with her, and she started to feel angry and regretful. She became bitter. And then she became a really miserable little woman. If only she would remember that the orange car was never hers in the first place. If only she would be happy and thankful again.
So often, we fail to act on our words. I think that the only problem with praise is that it's so easy to do. I'd say that God deserves everything, but I'm just setting myself up for something impossible to do. Which is to give him everything. I'd say that I want to do such and such for so and so, but again I fail to count the cost before I set my declare my allegiance and commitment. No action, talk only.
We lift our eyes to heaven
We wrap our lives around your life
We lift our eyes to heaven, to you
On another note, sometimes I no action, talk only because I have counted the cost before giving my commitment. I know that, for sure, I could never act on my words. You know, the usual voice telling you "you're not ready..." I guess I just ain't.
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment