toxicdonuts

hazardous materials


'Or am I standing still?'
Yes, I'm saving the world, one graphic tee-shirt at a time. That makes it three good attempts today. Is it happening to you guys already? The line dance, the square one (te te da de de, da de de... anyone remembers the children's television workshop?), the bejeweled, the retrospecks. Creepy. I'm turning into this girl & comic book guy. All over again. I know I'd just announced my relinquishment of my innocence, but there's always a part of you(th) that stays beneath all that crappolicious facade of growing up. How can you ignore the face that stares right back at you in your dreams? I still remember the First Recess. When I did not realise that I was the only kid who tucked in his shirt. And what of the home economics lesson, the one with the explicit instruction of tucking your shirt into your briefs?
'Beneath the darkened sky'
Caught a glimpse of JamX 05. Ronin totally kicks ass. Others eat worms. But I still don't believe people actually rock for a living.
'Or am I standing still?'
Tug-of-war is not about pulling strings. Although that's pretty much what the rope seems to be made up of. It's about planting your feet firmly onto the ground and resting your weight in the most reliable places. Well, the red flag doesn't seem to be moving very much.
'With the scenery flying by'
Missed the big boy's birthday bash (accidental alliteration) today. The only thought that guarantees to visit me every year, on that day, is that of being amazed that I'm alive and not dead. What are the odds that I'm alive right now? Come on, think about it. So many things can simply combust and implode and disintegrate. But here I am (and so the wedding march insues...)
'Or am I standing still?'
The medicine is killing me. It's really strong stuff, the doc's given me. Every dose comes with a complimentary heart burn. Heck, I think my lungs are fried too.
'Out of the corner of my eye'
What do you do when you see your friend on the escalator, in the opposite direction? Next time you see that friend, do give a shout out.
'Was that you who passed me by?'

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment