I lay down on the bench and stared into the sky. The moon was bright. My eyes started to hurt after awhile. Some people and some of their ideas challenged me to think about where I am. There's an unsettling feeling that I don't belong, that where I'm going might not be where I want to go. But that's what living in this world is about, isn't it?
The breeze was gentle enough to cause the branches to sway a little, and that reminded me of an old DC Talk track. The breeze was also strong enough to deliver a gust of smoke towards me. There're people who I really miss right now, people I haven't seen in a long while, people I haven't talked to in a long while. That made me feel a little better about my humanity, but only a little. I always thought that I was a rather cold person. The breeze agreed with me.
A song came into my head, and I mouthed out the words. Then I started singing it, but not audible enough for others to hear. So I was rather singing to myself, or to God, or imagining someone else singing it to me. Let my shadows prove the sunshine.
Then I felt grateful. For there are people whom I can be honest with. Even when I'm alone, I know these people exist.
I lay down on the bench and stared into the sky. Because sometimes, we just don't look up enough.
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment