A few lessons I've learnt from 2005:
1) We are a people obsessed with death and pain. We even celebrate with shampain. Pain is such a necessity, a counteracting pill against the numbing flashes of light all around us. The funerals I've attended this year, the disasters that took so many lives, we are yet so unwilling to succumb to the most natural life process next to our birth. Don't get me wrong, I don't say this with a shrug, but a with a sigh.
2) The human society is doomed by consumerism. Take a step back and you'll know what I mean. Especially during this season. Especially when guitars are selling at 50% off and you don't have the spending power to satisfy yourself by getting what you want. Then you'll know what I mean. I'll give you everything you want, except the thing that you want. May this line be sung to Adam or to the consumer, it all ends up the same. They will surrender to the deceiver.
3) Life has (a) purpose, general and specific at the same time. We may spend an eternity searching for that goal, that calling, that long and winding road to a promised land that doesn't necessarily promise you a safe landing. Meanwhile, it is comforting to know what you're living for.
4) Defeat.
5) God will use anyone at all, at anytime at all.
6) I am an arts student in disguise. Hush.
7) The Truth changes things. And you can never undo the changes, not anymore.
8) The pie tastes better when shared. No man is an island. Or at least no one should be.
Hopefully I'll learnt a couple more things in these last days to make this list look more complete. I look forward to New Year's Eve, because I get the chance to look backwards.
1) We are a people obsessed with death and pain. We even celebrate with shampain. Pain is such a necessity, a counteracting pill against the numbing flashes of light all around us. The funerals I've attended this year, the disasters that took so many lives, we are yet so unwilling to succumb to the most natural life process next to our birth. Don't get me wrong, I don't say this with a shrug, but a with a sigh.
2) The human society is doomed by consumerism. Take a step back and you'll know what I mean. Especially during this season. Especially when guitars are selling at 50% off and you don't have the spending power to satisfy yourself by getting what you want. Then you'll know what I mean. I'll give you everything you want, except the thing that you want. May this line be sung to Adam or to the consumer, it all ends up the same. They will surrender to the deceiver.
3) Life has (a) purpose, general and specific at the same time. We may spend an eternity searching for that goal, that calling, that long and winding road to a promised land that doesn't necessarily promise you a safe landing. Meanwhile, it is comforting to know what you're living for.
4) Defeat.
5) God will use anyone at all, at anytime at all.
6) I am an arts student in disguise. Hush.
7) The Truth changes things. And you can never undo the changes, not anymore.
8) The pie tastes better when shared. No man is an island. Or at least no one should be.
Hopefully I'll learnt a couple more things in these last days to make this list look more complete. I look forward to New Year's Eve, because I get the chance to look backwards.
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment