I feel really detatched from what's going on around me. Especially after the last few days. Glad to have escaped from the week with a long (sorta) weekend. Not without the usual scars though. Sorry couldn't make it on thursday. Funny how all you can do is laugh when someone accidentally pulls the plug on your computer, erasing a whole afternoon's worth of work.
I swear that the characters from my past have been rallied by an unknown power to hunt me down on a massive scale operation. I'm starting to doubt the existence of a thing called coincidence. Serendipity is a farce, nothing but a phenomenon that is easily reduced to probabilities and statistics. I believe that everything happens for a reason. It's mind-boggling to even think that everything works for a divine purpose. It wasn't by chance that my work got lost on thursday. I probably had to give the comedy night a miss for indercove to experience the near-misses. Looking back, it's like an old-school adventure game (think myst, simon the socerer) where life only goes on if the sequences are met. But we're really living in an rts (yes, starcraft for those who've been missing out on the gaming scene for the past 5 years or so, people like junyang). Blame it on the confines of the dimension of time. It's like... we're playing super mario bros on the nes while God's fiddling with the 3d mario in the gamecube. For me to prove it, just close your eyes, rub your tip of your tongue against your front teeth, think of tomorrow's lunch, and you'll immediately know how it tastes like. Especially when you've been eating sfi for the past fifteen plus months.
Sometimes you just feel like a man on a mission. The very next day, you're nothing but the one who'd missed it all. But then again, some situations can only end in a turn for the better when you fly the white flag on high. I saw it coming, and that's what i'm doing now. I doubt anyone will even catch my towel.
I've always been afraid to commit the cardinal sin of counting down to my ord date. I believed that good things come to those who wait (actually it comes to everyone with an eleven-bee in their wallet right now). I did it today. Amazing how a little twist in perspective can cause a mighty change in the quality of time.
I swear that the characters from my past have been rallied by an unknown power to hunt me down on a massive scale operation. I'm starting to doubt the existence of a thing called coincidence. Serendipity is a farce, nothing but a phenomenon that is easily reduced to probabilities and statistics. I believe that everything happens for a reason. It's mind-boggling to even think that everything works for a divine purpose. It wasn't by chance that my work got lost on thursday. I probably had to give the comedy night a miss for indercove to experience the near-misses. Looking back, it's like an old-school adventure game (think myst, simon the socerer) where life only goes on if the sequences are met. But we're really living in an rts (yes, starcraft for those who've been missing out on the gaming scene for the past 5 years or so, people like junyang). Blame it on the confines of the dimension of time. It's like... we're playing super mario bros on the nes while God's fiddling with the 3d mario in the gamecube. For me to prove it, just close your eyes, rub your tip of your tongue against your front teeth, think of tomorrow's lunch, and you'll immediately know how it tastes like. Especially when you've been eating sfi for the past fifteen plus months.
Sometimes you just feel like a man on a mission. The very next day, you're nothing but the one who'd missed it all. But then again, some situations can only end in a turn for the better when you fly the white flag on high. I saw it coming, and that's what i'm doing now. I doubt anyone will even catch my towel.
I've always been afraid to commit the cardinal sin of counting down to my ord date. I believed that good things come to those who wait (actually it comes to everyone with an eleven-bee in their wallet right now). I did it today. Amazing how a little twist in perspective can cause a mighty change in the quality of time.
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment