8 June 2008
God of Wonders [G]
Your Grace is Enough [G]
Knowing You [C,D]
We Fall Down [D]
Shine [G]
We had Amos on electric this week! I really dig his sound... On the whole, the band was pretty tight. One more in 2 weeks' time!
I must say, the choice of songs, at least how they fit in a set, wasn't that great this week. We need more fist-pumping, clap-like-you-mean-it songs. Something that really sears through the air. The thematic approach wasn't all that explicit, I felt the songs came across as a little too disjointed.
There are advantages to (simply) letting the music speak for itself. You avoid the occasional blasphemy that comes with the indiscriminate ramblings. After some sort of experimenting for the past few sessions, I've realised that some form of verbal transitions through prayer or scripture really enhances the overall experience.
I realised that observations from the stage suffer from a mathematical flaw. The sample size is awfully skewed towards tall people. And the people sitting in front. That's where I saw my brother do the yawn-sing. It was difficult to hide my laugh-sing.
Oh, and avoid sacrificing function for form when it comes to your slides. Oh well, until we switch to EasyWorship...
Comments!
i realized i have to work on my blasphemy bit. though conveniently mask it with inaudible mumblings, i do.
does the thematic approach limit us more than help us? i guess i still need a lot to learn about song choice. thought the songs were alright. perhaps technically, the tightness you said. received a few encouragement too. i agree on the bit on how relating the songs to us more explicitly. we should work on that. our focus!
thanks for serving :) one more this week!