20 April 2008
Hosanna (Praise Is Rising) [G]
Forever [G]
I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever [E]
Nothing But The Blood [E]
Here I Am To Worship [E]
Uncreated One [D]
You Are Still Holy [E]
Eternity is not an easy thing to grasp. I haven't really understood what it means to sing 'forever'.
This week, we had two practice sessions, the band on Saturday and the vocals on Sunday. The idea was to spend more time on the instrumentation and arrangement, and to be more focus on learning the melodies.
Although this selection included songs that we were already familiar with, it took longer than usual for us to work out the music. I thought that the music turned out pretty alright, but we've still got to work on the dynamics.
On a personal level, it was quite amazing how a bit of adrenaline (the kind that comes from realising that you've forgotten to bring the lyric slides) can fight the flu bug. Today's predicament made me realise how technology makes and breaks. I also learned to be wary of incoherent talk, the kind that was prominently displayed in my project presentations. Oh well.
Finally, to conclude, I have to admit that I still do not know the congregation, and that happens on two levels. Firstly, I do not know them as individuals. Secondly, I cannot define the congregation as a collective. Perhaps it's an imagined entity with fragmented identity? Despite that, we are called to be one. I apologise for the sociology. I look forward to working with the new pastor.
Any thoughts on today's session?
Hosanna (Praise Is Rising) [G]
Forever [G]
I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever [E]
Nothing But The Blood [E]
Here I Am To Worship [E]
Uncreated One [D]
You Are Still Holy [E]
Eternity is not an easy thing to grasp. I haven't really understood what it means to sing 'forever'.
This week, we had two practice sessions, the band on Saturday and the vocals on Sunday. The idea was to spend more time on the instrumentation and arrangement, and to be more focus on learning the melodies.
Although this selection included songs that we were already familiar with, it took longer than usual for us to work out the music. I thought that the music turned out pretty alright, but we've still got to work on the dynamics.
On a personal level, it was quite amazing how a bit of adrenaline (the kind that comes from realising that you've forgotten to bring the lyric slides) can fight the flu bug. Today's predicament made me realise how technology makes and breaks. I also learned to be wary of incoherent talk, the kind that was prominently displayed in my project presentations. Oh well.
Finally, to conclude, I have to admit that I still do not know the congregation, and that happens on two levels. Firstly, I do not know them as individuals. Secondly, I cannot define the congregation as a collective. Perhaps it's an imagined entity with fragmented identity? Despite that, we are called to be one. I apologise for the sociology. I look forward to working with the new pastor.
Any thoughts on today's session?
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment