9 March 2008
Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee [E]
God of Wonders [G]
Made to Worship [G]
I Love You Lord [E]
Center [E]
Only You [C]
Why am I doing this? To be more honest, more transparent, and more real. And your comments will help us improve.
Today's set was primarily inspired by the verse,
For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor 4:6)
We witness creation, we are awed, worship comes forth.
Today was one of those days, when it's really hard to gauge where the congregation is, when the visible reactions among the crowd are kind of mixed. I was led to push on, to encourage devotion, to lessen the distractions. I think it was fitting to end the set with 'Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus'. I think Vincent's sermon about how worship requires us to devote our focus on God still stuck with me after all these weeks.
Johan and I had a conversation on Friday after the practice, about how the 3 teams' selections were approaching 'mutual exclusiveness.' Any ideas?
The band was pretty tight, with a certain replacement skin beater. Like I was telling Tim today, hopefully we can move towards using vocals as an instrument, not just as "back-up." Musically, I think we were above average today. Kudos to the good mixing as well.
0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment