toxicdonuts

hazardous materials


folly.
"Our enemy really isn't capitalism, it's cynicism. That's one of the things i learned from Woody (Guthrie)... not to be cynical... that cynicism... it destroys you, it rots you away from the inside. So that sense of optimism and humanity... which 20 years ago I would have called Socialism but now I'll call compassion... you know, that idea is still out there and alive and if you can plug into that and encourage that it makes it all worthwhile." -Billy Bragg
Don't ask me who Billy is, i have absolutely no idea. But this is one hell of a quote. I'm being the cynic nowadays, i know it. Ever since my sort of fall out with God, nothings seems the same anymore. I look at things with doubt, with skepticism, and with a shitload of condemnation. To me, faith is fragile. And i'm not just referring to my own lousy faith.
I've still been thinking of her. "You get over it.." she says. And she's right. It's just that i don't know if i'd wanna get over it. Over her. I've come to realise the thing that hurts me most. It's when i entertain the thought that i won't have her love anymore. That's why God's promise that his love will not be apart from us is so powerful, cause that's just our make, as humans. We so desperately want to be loved. It's the same for little me...
And perhaps, i've seen through all the talk and reasoning, all the self-delusion and denial. Perhaps its just that she's realised i don't fit into her equation anymore. Perhaps i'm just being the cynic here.
It still hurts. Even worse, i can feel the cynicism in me fighting back, to relieve the pain. I don't want that to happen.
Bon Jovi writes the best breakup songs. I don't know how he does it, he's a rockstar, and a rockstar ain't suppose to suffer such heartaches all the time. According to Dennis, being a rockstar is one of the two best jobs on earth (the other, is of course, being a pornstar). Hearts breaking even, It's hard letting you go, Always, This ain't a love song...

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment